Friday 12 July 2013

Youtube welcomes BMG Design

Today I sat down and had a quick chat with our Digital designer, Dan about our new YouTube channel. He gave me an overview of what we will use YouTube for in the future and how the new 'ident' launch video came about.



What was the idea behind the video?
“My plan is to make a bunch of teasers leading up our launch in September,
The idea to kick start these teasers was to create something simple, clean and straight to the point.
This animation is a strong starting point for our video design, and a great step forward with my animation skills. expect lots more wonderful things very soon”



How did you make it? 
The whole animation was made in adobe Flash. I started by breaking apart our logo to see what I can achieve with all the separate elements. I then sketched out a quick storyboard of my animation.

Then with some magic and a little bit of patience I created our first teaser.


What do you want to do next on youtube? 
I have many Idea's for the next teaser,

I will probably incorporate sound at some point, you will just have to wait and see!
 

Where do you see it going if you carry on uploading?
 
I would love to have a short animation upload every week or so, something quirky and fun.






These images show the process Dan 
went through to create the video. 
From rough sketches and storyboards to
 the final product created in Adobe Flash!




Check out our new video below!

 

Offical launch date for BMG Design is 18th September



No comments:

Post a Comment